Tuesday, February 15, 2011

February 15th 2011

Dawoud Bey, Boy in Front of the Loews 125th Street Movie Theater, 1976.


www.studiomuseum.org

I chose this image primarily based on the strong use of line in the image, the strong line leading the eye from the boys shoes to the ceiling.


Unknown artist, Von Hindernburg W, 1937. Picture Press Exhibit, Alan Kotz Gallery.
I chose this image based on its strong historical reference and also it very intense tonal range.

Monica Moran, Image 5. The Show Between the Shows, Kathleen Cullen Fine Arts.
I chose this image based on the striking color and the some what chaotic "after thought" of splattered paint.

For a current represntation of my own work I chose three recent works that I shot in the last few weeks, I have been teaching myself to use HDR software and thinking for a HDR image. This is were I am so far.
Ty Giebel, "SparkyJ". January 2011.
I chose this image based on it painterly quality and strong tonal range.
Ty Giebel, "Splattered Palmer". January 2011.
I chose this image for the strong tones of the sky and sharp contrast of the rock.


Ty Giebel, "Brown Church". February 2011.
I shot this image after class one night, the strange color of the sky caught my attention.




No comments:

Post a Comment