Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 3rd 2011

Alfred Steiglitz, Georgia O' Keeffe-Hand on Breasts. Taken in 1919, Located at the MET.
www.metmuseum.org
I chose this image not only based on the intriguing subject matter, but also the subtle tonal range and striking contrast.

Robert Capa, Man carrying a wounded Boy(Terual, Spain). Taken in 1937. Located at the International Center for Photography.
I chose this image because of the documentary style of photography that invokes so much emotion.

Gregory Crewdson, Sanctuary. Taken in 2010. Located at the Gagosian Gallery
I chose this image due to the striking composition and strong use of shadow.
For my works I chose another three images that corisbound in the same series dealing with a "Playful Death". Taken in December of 2010.
Ty Giebel, "By the Swing of an Axe". Taken in December 2010.
I chose this image for my compisitional standards of light and color.
 Ty Giebel, "When in Rome". Taken in December 2010.
I chose this image based on composition and the emotion that could possibly be interpreted by my audience.


Ty Giebel, "Spear Me". Taken in December 2010.
I feel the use of light and shadow along with the red covered figure allows my audience to be pulled into the content of the image.

1 comment: